HOLBOX BUCKET LIST
Why we love it?
If you're looking for a paradise to escape from the world and enjoy miles and miles of white sand beaches and shallow transparent water, Holbox has to be on your bucket list!
Our favorite part: the chill factor. People come here to relax—not to party. And we love it that way!
To live the whole experience we recommend: leave your watch at home, same with your phone and shoes. All you need is just you and your Crasqi shorts!
FIRST THINGS FIRST - How do we get there?
There are two ways to get to Holbox:
- You can travel by car to Chiquilá port and then catch the Holbox ferry across to the island
- Or you can fly to the island by private charter from Cancun airport
THE CREW - Who is in?
Holbox is a good place for:
- Solo travelers. Holbox is the perfect place for a solo adventure.
- Nature lovers. You’ll find some of the most amazing natural species including whale sharks, manta rays and hundreds of species of birds.
- Digital Detox. If you’re looking to have a relaxing vacation, Holbox is a great place to unplug from technology and reconnect with yourself.
- Dog lovers (Holbox has many dog-friendly spots!)
HOTELS - Where to stay?
- Casa de las Tortugas
- Casa Kuka
- Casa Sandra
- Tierra de Mar
DINING - What to eat/drink?
|Casa Tortugas (Omelette de Huitlacoche)||Mojito at Casa Sandra (tacos cochinita)||Tamashi Sushi|
|Pinapol (Best Italian Paninis)||Las Panchas (whole fried fish)||Luuma|
- Check out the environmentally-conscious wall art
- Go shopping for some local finds (we recommend “La Palapa de Yepez” if you’re looking for authentic handmade crafts)
- Rent a bike and ride towards Punta Coco
- Spot flamingos at Isla Pájaros
- Kayak tour around the island
- Go kitesurfing to Punta Mosquito
- Swim with the whale sharks (vipholbox.com are the best guys to take you)
- Visit Chimay ruins and take some photos
- Visit Isla de la Pasión
- Go snorkeling at Cabo Catoche
- Tour de las 3 Islas
- Cenote “Ojo de Agua” at Yalahau
- Visit “El Refugio” (animal rescue center)
- ...and don’t miss the sunsets, specially the one in Zomay with live music. They are dreamy!
If you go, don't forget to tag us on your pics